What surfaces will ground me? Which surfaces won't?
Conductive Surfaces Include:
- Rock (that is touching the earth)
- Unsealed concrete or concrete with a water-based sealant
- Unsealed brick or brick with a water-based sealant
- Bodies of water (like the ocean, lakes, and streams)
- Most living trees, especially with wet bark (test with the Conductivity Tester to verify)
- Living plants
Note: Moist surfaces will be more conductive than dry surfaces.
Non-Conductive Surfaces Include:
- Tar or tarmac
- Cut wood
- Painted or chemically-sealed concrete